Monday, November 8, 2010

Sunday Yoga for the Little Crowd

"Come shine like the sun, stretch like a cat and balance like a tree..."...those are the words that greet you on the homepage of Little Feet Yoga.....

I didn't know about this class until I happened to do a twitter search for "kitchissippi" and it turned up!  The class is run by Catherine Lesage of Little Feet Yoga and you can find more information about her and her classes at http://www.littlefeetyoga.com/, though I found the most information about this particular class at http://events.linkedin.com/Family-Yoga/pub/467197.  The session starts on Sunday, Nov. 21st from 12-1 pm, though I gather you can sign up for the full session or on a class-by-class basis.  It is held at Kitchissippi United Church, 630 Island Park Drive, in the upper hall.

When my middle son was in the kinder program at Dovercourt they at one point did a yoga program and I was so surprised at how much he liked it (and how good he was at it - 6 year olds are really flexible!)  I was doing a yoga class at the time and he always wanted to pull out my mat and try out his poses. 

The class is for children aged 3-8 and their grown-up and is bilingual.  Pre-registration is required
Contact Catherine at littlefeetyoga@gmail.com for registration and fees.  She also offers birthday parties!