Weekly Storytime (Session 2) at the Carlingwood Branch of the OPL from 2:00-2:40 for 3-6 year olds. Sessions runs until Wednesday, May 19th. Registration not required.
Weekly Toddlertime (Session 2) for children aged 18-35 months from 10:30-11:00 at the Carlingwood Branch. The session is currently full and there is a waiting list.
Weekly Evening Storytime at the Carlingwood branch of the OPL from 6:30-7:00 with stories, rhymes and songs for children and their parents/caregivers. From past experience children (not adults!) should feel free to wear pyjamas and bring a stuffed toy! Session lasts until May 20th with no registration required.
Saturday, April 17th, 10:30-11:10 - Weekly Family Storytime at the Carlingwood branch of the OPL. We went to this for years with my older two boys - it brought some rhythm and structure to our Saturday mornings and ensured we saw some old friends. Session lasts until May 22nd, no registration required.
Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief (rated PG) at the Ottawa Family Cinema http://www.familycinema.ca/.
Sunday, April 18th
- Giggle and Stomp (a kids' take-off on the other "grown-up" version of Stomp) is showing at the NAC as part of its Kinderconcerts series. This musical journey of percussion starts in Africa, continuing through the Middle East, Europe and the Americas. If it's anything akin to the "real" Stomp, it's sure to be enjoyable. For more information visit http://www.nac-cna.ca/.
Wednesday, April 21st - The Page Turners at the Carlingwood Branch of the OPL, a bookclub for 9-12 year olds. This date appears to be full but if you're interested in future sessions check the OPL website and book ahead!
Thursday, April 22nd - Earth Day, Museum of Nature is Free
Saturday, April 24th
- Come support Hilson Avenue elementary students at their school's artisan and community garage sale at 407 Hilson Avenue. Arts, crafts and basement treasures will be for sale along with a cafe/barbeque, children's activities and silent auction.
- Also on Saturday, free painting at Gotta Paint from 9:30 to 5:30 for everyone who supports the foodbank!!!
- And in the evening join Kitchissippi's Baobab Tree Youth with Keteke from Montreal at The Chamber, 101 Centrepointe Drive at 8:00.
April 26th - May 21st - Museum of Nature closed in preparation for grand re-opening on May 22nd.
Friday, April 30th at 7:00 pm
- Jazz Cafe at Broadview Avenue Public School led by stellar music teachers Mrs. Ginger Jacobson and Ms. Leslie Bricker.
- Kids Night Out at Gotta Paint for 7-13 year olds from 6-8 pm. $18 covers craft supplies, snack and beverage.